are our priority
A Strong History
Hylan was founded in 1960 as a small Staten Island electrical contracting company by John DiLeo, Sr. He created the powerful work ethic and customer-centered approach that form our philosophy today: Your requirements are our priority. We give the same professionalism and respect to large and small customers. We’re still a family, and our permanent labor force is one of the most experienced and qualified in the business.
Our company President, John DiLeo, Jr. , and our Chief Executive Officer, Robert DiLeo, continue Hylan’s tradition with the same attention to quality control, safety, innovation, and client service.
Our list of certifications, specialized training, and licenses is extensive.
- New York City Electrical License #’s 9600 & 10774
- New York Department of Transportation (DOT)
- New York City Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications (DoITT)
- New Jersey Electrical License # 34E100897400
- Westchester County Electrical License # 1573
- Baltimore, MD Electrical License #7472
- New Jersey State – Dept. of Transportation
- New Jersey Turnpike Authority
- Tri-Borough Bridge & Tunnel Authority
- Empire City Subways
- AT&T LNS
- SWAC – Secure Worker Access Consortium
- First Energy
- IMSA – International Municipal Signal Assoc.
- Confined Space
- OSHA 10
- OSHA 30
- Electrical Local Unions in New York City, Long Island, Westchester, New Jersey, and Philadelphia
- Construction Local Unions for Laborers, Operating Engineers, and Concrete Workers
- Con Edison
With Hylan Datacom and Electrical you benefit from our fifty plus years experience in delivering excellent workmanship, competitive pricing, and technical innovation. Our long-held reputation for client satisfaction is based on hands-on senior management involvement and detailed project supervision for every job, from start to finish to maintenance. You profit from our well-known commitment to on-time delivery, safety, technical and equipment investment, and regional know-how. We are one of the few companies that provide a turnkey operation in the Tri-State area, encompassing the telecom industry.
Hylan Datacom and Electrical serves customers in a wide variety of industries throughout the Northeast. We have offices and facilities in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Our clients include global multinationals as well as local businesses. By providing outstanding customer service we aim to create and maintain long-term relationships with you, our clients.